Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

When Fashion Becomes Art


             On another one of my time wasting searches on the internet, this time on Chictopia.com, I came across or rather stumbled upon this beautiful piece of art, yes I said art. Anyone can pair together clothes, wear an outfit thats flattering and people will flock around them offering accolades for their "wonderful" fashion sense. Now yes it is always most appropriate to tell someone when they are looking good, but this right here is an art. A regular on chictopia (and by regular, I mean that whenever I log on I am sure to find one of her posts on the first page) turquoisepassion has managed to hone the art of pairing the unexpected. Her patterns on the skirt and scarf don't make logical sense together and the idea of an edgy leather and a delicate printed skirt seem like polar opposites, but when forced to be in the same room with each other they seem to make it work. Not only manage, but exceed past the expected to form an amazing display of positives and negative (metaphorically speaking). It takes a trained or rather a gifted eye to be able to pair something like this. Here are s few of her other outfits that I thought were blog worthy. Check her out on her Chictopia page for yourself:  http://www.chictopia.com/turquoisepassion

No comments:

Post a Comment